Thursday, December 16, 2010

What's Cooking? Wednesday

Welcome to the seventh weekly edition of ... Except that it's Thursday. Sorry. Life got completely out of control and I didn't get this done yesterday.

If you are having ham for Christmas dinner, you might want to try Ham Sauce. It's original name is Raisin Sauce, but no one in the family except me likes raisins so I don't always put them in and I call it Ham Sauce instead.
Raisin Sauce
1/3 cup raisins (optional :P)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup jelly (any flavor, but I usually use grape)
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs corn starch
Dash of allspice
Dash of salt

Mix raisins, water, jelly and orange juice in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Mix brown sugar, corn starch, allspice and salt in a small bowl. Pour into sauce while stirring constantly. Serve with ham. Enjoy!

What are you cooking this week? (Please be sure to check the comments section as well as the links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment