Friday, January 7, 2011

On the Timer Today

I have a lot to do today. It's not that I've been lazy this week, I've just been lazier than I could afford to be. We'll blame that on "the screamer" (a.k.a. "Drama Girl", a.k.a. the baby) and also on being a bit sick at the beginning of the week. Be that as it may, I'm "on the timer" today. I set the timer for 15 minutes and see how much I can get done on a particular task, room clean, etc. This morning I started doing 15 minutes in the boys' room (couldn't see the floor) and after the initial 15 minutes, then a break to feed the screamer and put her down for a nap, I went back and finished most of the job (I even went through their clothes). Now they can do the rest of it after school. I'm to the point, now, that I need to empty the large laundry basket full of stuff that does not belong in their room. I hate this task. I always have. I hate this task so much that there is a large laundry basket in the hallway that is FULL of stuff that I need to take care of - and it's been there for more than a month. So.... I'm setting my timer for 15 minutes. I *WILL* empty the laundry basket from the boys' room in that time and then I will allow myself a break (maybe only 15 minutes) before tackling the next laundry basket.

And no, I haven't found the spare cell phone that has been missing for a couple of weeks. It's out of battery or else I'd just call it. I want to send it with the 12 year old when he goes to Oklahoma City tomorrow. Maybe it's in that large laundry basket. It's possible.

And yes, the laundry is going because I am bound and determined to have a folding festival tonight with the kids.

1 comment:

  1. You know you're gonna get it done now that you posted it for the world to see. Also because you have crazy friends like me that will call you later and see how it all worked out. (I use your timer tip all the time)

    ReplyDelete