Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What's Cooking? Wednesday

Welcome to the ninth weekly edition of ....

I'm sorry I didn't do it last week. I just couldn't. Too much sickness, too much holiday, too many kids... too much of a good thing is still too much. But, I'm back this week and raring to go! Kind of.


During my college years I was known as "The Hamburger Helper Queen". That title continued through the early years of my marriage. Thankfully, I learned to experiment with cooking a little more and found some other types of things to cook that were quick, easy, and cheap. Having said all that, we still do have Hamburger Helper on occasion. It's quick, it's easy and it's cheap (especially if I have coupons). Two nights ago I went down to our food storage at the last minute to try to come up with something - anything - to eat that wouldn't make me ill (I'd been suffering from stress-induced "bathroom" issues all day long - I told you last week was bad). I found my stash of Hamburger Helper and remembered I had a pound of browned hamburger (instructions here). Frozen peas completed the meal (you've gotta have a protein, carb and a vegetable for a balanced meal, right?).

So, I guess that the menu "idea" for today is ... There's a time and a place for everything ... even Hamburger Helper!

(Next week I'll share my new favorite cookbook and maybe even have a guest review from my dear friend, Alice!)

(By the way, we made the oreo truffles for New Years. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!)

What are you cooking this week? (Please be sure to check the comments section as well as the links.)


No comments:

Post a Comment