Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What's Cooking? Wednesdays

Welcome to the 1st weekly edition of...


I say that I really don't like to cook but that's only partly true. I don't like to decide what to fix and I don't usually like putting it together (although that's the best part) and I REALLY don't like the clean up afterwards. Because of this I have focused my cooking efforts on easy recipes. I've even compiled my own cookbook entitled If You Are What You Eat, I'm Quick, Easy and Cheap!"

Please post your favorite recipe. Ideally it should be a recipe that fits into two of the categories - quick, easy or cheap. However, if it especially yummy, please post!!!




Chicken Poppyseed Casserole

2 tubes smashed Ritz-type crackers
1/2 cup melted butter
1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbs poppyseeds

In a bowl, combine crackers and melted butter. Set aside. In another bowl, mix chicken, soups, sour cream and poppyseeds. In a 9x13 pan, layer half the cracker mixture, all of the chicken mixture and the other half of the cracker mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30 minutes or until sides bubble. You can also cover in plastic wrap and microwave for about 10 minutes. Serve over rice.


Please share your favorite recipe.


5 comments:

  1. My family enjoys this one, my youngest calls it ants because of the poppyseeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you fixed this for me after I had Avery :) Have made this several times since!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very quick and very easy. I will try this today! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great go-to recipe for a quick night's dinner! Especially if you have some pre-cooked and shredded/diced chicken in the freezer!

    thanks for sharing!

    I'll be linking up this week for sure! (And adding myself to your followers!)

    I'd love for you to check out my blog! I have some quick and easy recipes posted as well as some great giveaways!

    Drop in for a visit:
    Under the Big Oak Tree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amihan - did you try the recipe? I'm always interested to hear if people like this casserole. So far I haven't found anyone who really didn't like it. How did it rate at your house?

    ReplyDelete